Sounds Right Limited ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all visitors and users of www.sounds-right.com ("our site").
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is Sounds Right Limited (Company number: 04972250) whose registered office is at Emes Prospect, 7 Betley Court, Betley, Crewe, Cheshire, CW3 9BH.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
* Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, including information provided at the time of requesting further information/services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
* If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
* We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
* Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data and the resources that you access.
Please tell us if any of your personal details (name, address etc.) change, so that we can ensure our records are kept up to date.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
* To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
* To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
* To speed up your searches.
* To recognise you when you return to our site.
SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and protected against access from unauthorised persons, unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
* To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
* To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
* To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, telephone or fax, as well as e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, then please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous contract with you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide to us will be held in our records and may be accessed or given to our staff in accordance with this policy or for other purposes approved by you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
* In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
* If Sounds Right Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (currently £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.